Super Awesome Wedding Fest Apalooza

be there or be square

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Decision!

Yes, we are still getting married! Neither Jon nor I have really felt like doing much decision-making lately, but my bridesmaids have been dutifully urging me (and Mom too, of course) to at least pick out the bridesmaid dress.

So, after playing with David Bridal's entertaining "Dress Your Wedding" feature (it's like online paper dolls!) far more often at work than is advised, I think my ladies and I have come to a consensus (or, more accurately, they have begged me to stop giving them options and just pick something already!)

And thus:
Bridesmaid Dress Combo 1 Bridesmaid Dress Combo 2
Peridot/Truffle and Truffle/Peridot

The Three Kell(e)ys will wear the first combo, and Laura and Rebes will wear the second combo. Fun, fun, fun!

I ordered fabric swatches for $3.50 from Alfred Angelo (maker of my dress) so that I can go to David's Bridal and find the green hue that most closely matches (I believe it will end up being the Peridot, but for a measly $3.50 I might as well be sure!).

The fun of these dresses is that the peek-a-boo-skirt is separate, so in the future, if they ever want to, they can wear the dress with or without. And everyone loves a sash ... it's the posh version of a big bow-on-the-butt.

It's the first decision I've mad about the wedding in quite awhile (not that I've been concentrating all that hard on the blessed event). Ah, relief.

I shall now procrastinate for several more weeks ....

No comments: