Super Awesome Wedding Fest Apalooza

be there or be square

Monday, February 16, 2009

Married and On Vacation

Jon and I went to Florida for a week (glorious, glorious sunshine! and not a speck of snow) at the end of January.
From Florida
We were with my grandparents and parents most of the time - well, actually all the time. I'm ridiculously close to my family, and we get along great; thankfully Jon fits in perfectly and doesn't mind that my grandparents spend a lot of time talking very loudly about pills and doctor appointments. Grandma makes the best breakfasts ever, so she's allowed to do as she pleases as far as we're concerned.

I went snorkeling for the first time, and absolutely loved it. Jon and I spent a lot of time gurgling and pointing to all the colorful fish and coral. It was fabulous.

Shortly before leaving Key West, Jon and I found a bar with $2 mojitos, but before you get really excited - yes, they tasted exactly like $2 mojitos. Still, I was in Key West drinking a lovely, tropical drink at a cozy bar ... I won't complain.

We would, however, like to offer this dare to anyone going to Key West: go around and find a bar that has live music that's not just an overweight white guy with a guitar. We dare you.

Because it was Florida, I took insane amounts of pictures of alligators, anhingas, herons, and flowers. Special bonus photos: manatees! I highly suggest visiting Manatee Park in Fort Meyer on a "cold morning." The Manatees take refuge in the canal because the water is much warmer there than in the river or gulf. We saw dozens of manatees. Jon and I were mesmerized and had to be dragged away by my parents.

No comments: