Super Awesome Wedding Fest Apalooza

be there or be square

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Engagement

The Date: Sunday, October 7, 2007

Jon was going about his usual Sunday routine: watching football, doing laundry, making his lunches for the week (I know, he's so organized!). I was knitting and "watching" football with Jon (he was watching in between tasks. I don't really pay that much attention to the game). I had pulled a muscle and my back was sore, so I asked Jon to put in a load of laundry for me. Because Jon's such a swell guy, he did.

Jon came back up from the basement, and I went over to thank him. But before I could say anything, Jon said, "I have a question I've been meaning to ask you for a long time, and I'm just going to ask it: Will you marry me?"

Obviously I said yes.

And then we hugged and jumped up and down and celebrated. "That was fun!" I exclaimed with a big smile. "Do it again!"

So he did. Jon got down on one knee and asked, "Will you marry me?"

Again I said yes, and we celebrated all over again.

We enjoyed themselves so much that after work the next day, I came home from work, got down on one knee, and proposed to Jon - just to see what it was like.

It was good. Jon said yes, of course, and there was more jumping and hugging and laughing.

We were still enjoying the proposal event so much that on Tuesday we performed Synchronized Proposing (copyright 2007, Jenny&Jon), both getting down on one knee and simultaneously asking and answering the big question.

We feel fully engaged and will now move on.

No comments: