Super Awesome Wedding Fest Apalooza

be there or be square

Thursday, October 18, 2007

How We Met

I was using an online dating service and through it met a guy named Mike. We went to Union Station in Worcester to see Luther "Guitar Jr." Johnson and had fun, but the magic wasn't there.

Mike thought I had a lot in common with his friend Jon, so he asked me if he could give Jon my email address. For some crazy reason, I said yes. I still don't know why. But thank goodness I did!

Jon wrote really great emails: funny, personal, and grammatically correct. When we decided to exchange phone numbers I was hesitant. I liked his emails so much! What if he was a big dork? What if he had a squeaky voice? Turns out he was just as great on the phone. He had such a nice voice.

When he suggested we met, I was so nervous. What if this great guy with a great sense of humor and a mellifluous voice was hideous and awkward in public. Or, what if he was so amazing, I acted like a gibbering idiot?

OF course none of that happened.

We met at the now nonexistent Tatnuck Booksellers (that was such a great place). We had lunch and wandered through the aisles of books until the store closed.

The rest is history. Or, rather, ourstory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, grammatically correct emails are very very important.

Or should I say: i lyk ur w3dd1ng blog