Super Awesome Wedding Fest Apalooza

be there or be square

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Dress

I've been looking through magazines and online incessantly looking at dresses. I can't believe how I've turned into this person who obsesses over dress silhouettes (A-Line), necklines (probably strapless), and color (white with green accents). Of course even with all this thinking, I could put on my "favorite" dress and find out it looks ridiculous on me. But until that happens, I have photos. Which one do you like?

1. (except green trim of course)

2. (white with green ribbon, or maybe even in green!)

3. (the long version of the above dress ... but it is only boring white)

So ... anyone have an opinion?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like the long white dress (option 3). I bet you could make a fun green belt to go around your waist and add a little green accent. Or get green shoes! (I wanted baby blue shoes, but the ones I really loved didn't fit.) Seriously, trying on dresses is really the best way to figure out what will look best on you -- and David's Bridal is a good place to start for finding the right silhouette for you. (Since they have dresses in all sizes and not just tiny size 6, 8, 10, and 12 that most wedding dress samples will come in, it's a good first stop.)

Anonymous said...

My comment is a bit late, I haven't been checking your blog as often as I should :)

Personally, I really like the top one and it would be gorgeous with green trim. I think strapless would look really nice on you, but I agree that you really have to try on a bunch of dresses before you know what looks good on you.

Kelly said...

I really liked the two-tone one on you. (and the one with the bow) I do agree that the crinkly one would look nice with a green belt (just like the short one). I'm surprised that they don't list that as an option. But you know you can get one at David's. I also like the idea of colored shoes, though with most of the dresses you won't really see them.