Super Awesome Wedding Fest Apalooza

be there or be square

Sunday, August 24, 2008

To Do List Shortened

It's been a productive weekend here in wedding-fest land.

Friday Jon and I took a half-day from work in order to visit City Hall (motto: "Come on in and stand in line.") and apply for a marriage license.

We also went wedding ring shopping (the people at DePrisco Jewelers thought we were nuts to order rings so late, but how long does it take, really, to make a simple white-gold band?)

Despite spending about 1 hour total in various lines at City Hall, the whole process was very quick. Jon and I had plenty of time to visit the New England Aquarium. We're trying hard to do non-wedding-related activities to keep our lives in balance. And nothing is less wedding related than a sea cucumber.

At least, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything less related. Go ahead and try.

I went for my first dress fitting on Saturday morning. KellyM came with to help me put on all the gear. The woman at Threads in Roslindale is fabulous. She is so quick and calm. We were there barely half an hour if that.

And today Jon and I purchased groomsmen gifts.

And no, they're not sea cucumbers.

2 comments:

Jives said...

Sea cucumbers may very well be the least wedding related thing in the Aquarium. I found this entry because I work there!

You know the Aquarium is also a wedding venue.

Jon said...

Let the record show, I wanted to get married by a little blue penguin. Or the octopus