Super Awesome Wedding Fest Apalooza

be there or be square

Monday, November 12, 2007

Prettier, Sparklier Things

Friday Jon and I took the "family jewels" to DiPrisco's to find out about cleaning, resizing, fixing, etc the two rings.

I wasn't sure what to expect - in fact, I was a little afraid that the Diamond Guy would be a bit snooty about our less-than-stellar rings.

But, in fact, Diamond Guy was great (I should have known. My contact at DiPrisco's whom I order award plaques from for work is the nicest woman in the world. Of course she would set me up with uber-nice Diamond Guy).

Learning about our rings and diamonds was really fun. He could tell right away that the diamond from Jon's grandfather was not from the USA. When I told him it was most likely from Ireland, he said, "Ah, that explains it." Turns out that while the shape was very European, the cut was a bit unusual. But I guess in Ireland, that's how they cut diamonds back in the early 1900s.

And I thought that the Zanotelli ring was just a "cheap" silver ring from the 1920s. Turns out it is white gold, custom made, and maybe even older.

I get to pick up the "new" rings on Friday. :-) Most exciting.

No comments: