Super Awesome Wedding Fest Apalooza

be there or be square

Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh My

These were the words that slipped out when my google count down gadget greeted me on my home page.

19 days.

Oh god.

I'm not stressed, really. I'm not worried. I just can't believe the day is finally at hand.

OK, I lied.

I am stressed and worrying, but not for any good reason. It's just what I do before any event. At work, just as everyone else in the office is calming down, I get stressed. And then, a day or so before the event, a great calm comes over me. While everyone else is suddenly plagued by last-minute worries, I float by, competely serenly. I worry about the planning, not the execution.

In fact, back in high school when I did theater, I didn't suffer from stage fright until I walked off the stage.

Jon is fine, I think. He participated in the last big planning session: the ceremony. We now know what happens when and who says what. I think Jon feels the event could happen tomorrow and we would be perfectly ready.

This is not true, of course, but I'm glad he has that much faith in my planning skills. (Of course, I am the one who got really excited about camping because it was a chance for me to make lists. And my friends will never let me live down the "road trip binder" from our senior year spring break trip. Hey, we were prepared. That's all I'm saying.)

I'm taking lots of deep breaths. And trying not to look at my count down gadget.

19 days.

Oh boy.

No comments: